History of the Mark Twain Study
Susan and Theodore Crane surprised their brother-in-law Samuel L. Clemens with this study in 1874. It was placed about 100 yards from the main house at Quarry Farm on a knoll overlooking the Chemung River Valley. In this octagonal building, Mark Twain wrote major portions of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Life on the Mississippi, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, The Prince and the Pauper, A Tramp Abroad, and many short pieces.
In 1952, the Mark Twain Study was moved from Quarry Farm to the Elmira College campus. The Study is staffed by trained student guides daily throughout the summer and by appointment in the off-season.
If you are interested in the life and writings of Samuel Langhorne Clemens, consider a visit to his octagonal writing building – now called the Mark Twain Study.
This is a section title
This is a side content area
This is the title of the section
thai diwa dmwakd wma dmwalk mdwkla mdwak dmkwa mdw akd
awdkwadj awjd kwa